Kang Tae-oh (born June 20, 1994) is a South Korean actor and singer. He debuted as a member of the South Korean boy group 5urprise in 2013, an unconventional idol group that focused on acting rather than singing. Kang Tae-oh rose to prominence with his roles in television dramas such as “The Liar and His Lover” (2017), “Short” (2018), “My First First Love” (2019), and “The Tale of Nokdu” (2019).
He is also known for his appearances on variety shows like “Law of the Jungle” and “Master Key.” Kang Tae-oh has earned recognition for his acting skills, winning awards such as the Best New Actor award at the 2015 KBS Drama Awards for his role in “All About My Mom” and the Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama at the 2020 MBC Drama Awards for his role.
- Former Kpop Group: 5urprise (2014-2020)
- Position: Vocalist and dancer.
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Working out, going to movies and listening to music.
- Language: Korean.
- He is very close to his friend actress Kim So Eun.
- He was trained for 2 years in singing and dancing in conjunction with his acting.
- Favorite phrase: “Are you going to eat?” (밥은 먹고 다니냐?) from Memories of Murder.
- He would like to play a character with superhuman abilities.
- In April 2020, the actor left his company, Fantagio Entertainment, after the end of his contract and together with other members of the 5urprise acting group, joined a new agency called Man of Creation (M.O.C).
- He will start his military service on September 20, 2022.